Friday 10 October 2008

Raya week

Finally....
Managed to upload the photos...
Darn connection...

------------------------------------------

NOTE to SOON YING:
I'm really really,extremely,terribly sorry that I went back on the week you purposely made a trip back to Ipoh!!!!I can't believe how totally blur I was about the dates. I'm SORRY!!!!Please don't hate me!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This belated post is about my family trip back to Klang for the Raya trip. It felt like a seriously long time since I saw my extended family in Klang because the last few trips back were not happy ones (re: my older posts).

My dad decided to go back to Klang on the day before Raya. My family's eagerness for the trip was proven when I had to rushed back from my class (which ended at 4 p.m.) to find everyone waiting outside the house,dressed to travel,bags all loaded into the car booth and hurried to prepare myself and get into the car. (Thank goodness I packed the night before!!!)

The side of the higway road we were on was clear the whole journey while there was a moving jam in the opposite higway. this always happens when my family travels during the festive season. We are always going the opposite direction of the jam. My guess is,people go back to their small hometowns (a.k.a. 'kampungs' ) during the festive season while my family travel to the big city. (this makes Ipoh sound like a kampung... =.=" never mind...) The only problem with that is,when my friends come back to Ipoh from whichever place they left to pursue their studies;I will be heading out of Ipoh. That's sad.

But,dwelling on the happier items; I was so happy to see my aunts,uncles and cousins in Klang.Especially my favourite cousin,Yoong. She grabbed me for a picture together because we somehow seldom snap pictures together even though we have our camera phones. I guess it runs in my family huh?? (e.g. yours truly will carry a camera and let it lie in the bag whole time)

Ok..those above were the 'reject' pictures...*ehem*

But we finally snapped a sweet one:-
The main highlight was our trips to the malls.It has been such a LONG time I raided the malls. (Okay,not a long time exactly...but you know...with my family). And I did whip out my phone for pictures. I'll share tham with you. Here they are in no particular order:-

I saw this cute tape holder in ROOM:-
I totally LOVE quirky useful yet decorative items like this. Its just so creative.Won't this be an amusing resident to have this on your office desk when you're working?? :)

Yoong and I were totally mesmerized with this display at Famos Amos:-

Doesn't it make your mouth water?????

We were standing there and almost pressing our noses against the glass. But then,we decided to be matured and exercise some self-control. (Ice-cream is fattening lah...) So we walked around to shop for non-food items. Self-control. Easy.

Half an hour later....
We were back at the display!!!!Heck with self-contro; we can't ignore our basic necessities right???? (don't burst my bubble please) The worker at behind the counter was giving us amused looks. I think he recognised the two 'little girls' who were eye-balling the display and practically salivating over it earlier. We gave him further amusement with a long debate over which flavour to take (we limited ourselves to one scoop each...self-control still present okay.) Mr Counter-Guy was not a big help. He recommended almost all the flavours when I asked him which was nice (almost tempted me toward a triple scoop).

In the end,we settled on the flavour and watched impatiently while our ice-cream was lovingly scooped out by Mr Counter-Guy,sprinkled with cookie crumble sprinkles and handed to us with a flourish.:-
Right: Yoong's Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
Left : My Honey Caramel
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Childhood revisited.
Total bliss!!!!!!!

We went to this bakery/restaurant in JJ Bukit Tinggi called Lavender for a tea break.
I liked the environment there. Very cosy. And I was pretty attracted to the 'fake chandeliers' on the walls there above the booths:-

They look almost real if you look at them from a certain angle. *haha*

Yoong claimed her long-awaited drink from me (which I promised her months ago..Ooops..):-
Yoong : lalalalala.....

We ordered sandwiches..
Chicken,turkey,ham,egg and cheese sandwiches with chips:


After we had had enough of the mall,we had our dinner at a stall near my aunty's house. We ordered the usual 'tai lok min' in two styles; Hokkien style (stir fried with black sauce) and 'lor min' (sort of watery 'wa tan hor' but you add vinegar) and a few other mee. While waiting for the food to arrive,we chilled with some beer:-
Okay...that was a joke.
Not beer. It is Chinese tea.
We were just amused with the glasses they gave us:-

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Yee Yee dropped by with my little cousins; Benjamin and Rachel.
Ben was clutching what appeared to be a air pump and Rachel;a packet of long,rubber things.
Before your imagination runs wild,here was what happened next:-
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They were long balloons....
And Benjamin was pumping them up so enthusiastically.
Ben and Rachel hugging balloons which were equal to their height.

They later ran around hitting each other and occasionally hitting us with the balloons.
Frankly,I was afraid that they were going to pop.
And Ben's balloon really went *bang!!!!*.

Well,that's all for now...
This has been a long post...

-----------------------------------

And I shall end with a picture of Eugene and his (err...) creation in the CGMC Toddler's Room:-

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails