Thursday 18 February 2010

Perak ----> Selangor

Time for another update.
I am back to being a Selangor-ian.
Once again..Bye bye Ipoh. Again. All too soon.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am updating from my Yee Ma's house in Klang.

Normally, my family will travel down to Klang on the second or third day of CNY to visit my extended family on the maternal side. But this year; my parents stayed back in Ipoh a little longer to allow my bro and I to catch up with our friends in Ipoh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us And I am happy to report that I managed to do just that.
Despite it being a super last minute plan (I had to resort to Facebook!!The horror!!); by happy coincidences, I managed to meet up with Stephanie, Sasi, Shobs and Shalz (All the S-es) !!!And even Mei Theng, the Always-Missing One!!! Even Abel randomly appeared for a drink. Had some quality time with them and it felt so good to be able to be silly with them even though I so seldom see them now.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

THANK YOU MY DEARS!!
But how come we didn't take a customary group picture ah???


-------------------------------------

My CNY mood didn't wane even though I had to leave Ipoh because I was looking forward to the family dinner which awaited us in Klang. The dinner was supposed to be in my late Por-Por's house but we had to change the venue since her neighbour (a 70 year old lady) passed away and the family was setting up funeral arrangements right on the street.

So we had to move the whole plan to my Yee-Ma's place.
Once I reached there, I was entreated to help myself to her huge assortment of cookies :-
I think I am easily affected by the weather because I couldn't even bring myself to feel excited about my favourite pineapple tarts. I just felt all hot and lethargic because of the terrible heat wave and ended up hiding in Yoong's room where the air-conditioning was on. I was on the road to a nice nap...

But all nap plans were put on hold when my Yee appeared with her 3 hyper kids; Benjamin, Rachel and Daniel. Rachel had a new mobile (yes, she's 6 and she has a Hello Kitty mobile) and she was busy demonstrating its functions to me while little Daniel climbed all over me trying to see too. I ended up playing about six or seven round of 'Pick-Up-Sticks' with Rachel after she released me from the sofa (where she was doing the mobile demo) and I managed to win about 3 rounds. Haha!!! I love playing such games like these with my younger cousins. It brings me back in touch with my own childhood games. Remember how we used to be caught up with fads and there'd be batu seremban (five stone) craze one season and 'Happy Families' next, and so on??Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh ya, let me show you Daniel's new toy companion:-

*Shivers*
I don't know about you but I always found Teletubbies creepy.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, the atmosphere in my Yee Ma's house was very very busy and cheerful, with all the chatting, cooking, laughing and kid noises. I do love family gatherings. And family dinners.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lethargic-ness attack is back. I shall end this post with my second Yee Sang for this CNY.
Family =

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails