Wednesday 1 August 2007

Pray For Them....

Last night,a friend sent a sms to me asking me to pray for the 23 South Korean missionaries who are being held hostage by a Taliban group in Afghanistan to demand the release of Taliban prisoners.
The hostages are being killed one by one.

Today's newspaper reported that another one of the hostages has been killed.The deceased; Shim Sung-Min, is the second person to be shot to death by the Taliban group.
There are 21 more people still in the clutches of the Taliban group. I cannot imagine the horror they are going through;facing the possibility of being gunned to death any second. Perhaps some of them are praying for death as a quick end to the horrors.

I symphatise with the families and friends of the 23 South Koreans. The missionary group went to Afghanistan for humanitarian work. Their intentions were good but all they got in return was a nightmare which doesn't seem to be ending soon.

What shocks me most is that these man-for-man exchanges is still happening in the 21st century. Innocent people are being robbed of their very lives!! Violence instead of persuasion is being used as negotiation. This is barbaric,cruel and inhumane.

I pray for the safe return of the remaining hostages and I hope that God will continue to protect them and give them courage to face whatever comes.

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails