Saturday 28 June 2008

I'm back!!!!!

I've finished my stint as a 'Vacation Trainee' (at least,that's what it says in my testimonial from the firm..) and I feel F-R-E-E!!!!!!At least;free until classes start for my new semester on Monday.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Anyway,I seem to be apologizing a lot recently for neglecting my social life (both physical and online). I now have developed a respect for people who can juggle work and maintain an active social life.Actually,I don't think this opinion is valid because I'm still under my parents' wings and I'm not encouraged to go out at night. THAT'S why I've been MIA while working. Heck,I don't even go out much on a normal basis..

Okok..I guess I better stop reminiscing on my going out pa
tterns.
But it was hard to enjoy work when you KNOW that friends are having holidays at that very moment and they came back all the way from _______________(fill in the blank with the state or country) and you made the choice to stay in the office doing audit work.So yeah,I guess you get the picture.GUILTY.I hate it when my friends come back and I don't get to meet them.

I DID manage to squeeze time for movies after work hours.


Kung Fu Panda was so FUNNY!!!!Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThe characters were all really funny and very,very CUTE!!!(baby Tai Long and baby Tigress = ADORABLE) This film's pretty special because its an animated Kung Fu movie and you really have to appreciate the effort and detail put into the animation by the movie-maker.The characters move around a lot (not only talking) and there the settings are really nice.Good humour (cracks at Cantonese words e.g Chor Gam Prison and Master Oogway),silly (but not stupid) side details (like,why is Po the PANDA's dad.....a GOOSE??????) and a decent storyline.Suitable for all ages. (Ahahaha...I'm not writing a review here..just giving my opinion).


Next was Made of Honour.Watched it with Louisa (who was back for the holidays) and her Bangladeshi friend Afnand (not sure if this is the correct spelling). The movie is nice. Pretty funny plot and not too unrealistic. The couple in the movie is a matching pair (Michelle Monaghan and Patrick Dempsey) and were good eye candy.I only wish the Scottish dream-guy was more dream-guy material.Then it would really have been a great movie for me.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I watched Wanted too.Total last-minute plan.Wouldn't even have gone if Sze Haw hadn't called me up and chirpily laid out the movie plans (Abel dragged her,so she dragged me,and I dragged Yin Yep...*haha*) while I was puzzling over what to do during my half-day off.Wanted is a total action-film.Car chasing scenes.Fighting scenes.Shooting,knife wielding,fist fighting...Lots of VIOLENCE (I don't like scenes where the guy gets pounded like minced meat and ends up with blood smeared everywhere!!!) and bullets piercing the forehead.Okay,I'll be fair...it was quite a good movie..exciting.Just not to my taste.

-----------------------------

My weekends were spent out of Ipoh the last two weeks.
First weekend I accompanied SzeHaw on a day trip to submit her application to Monash.We went to 1Utama and Ikea after that for shopping spree!!!!Got 3 new tops.Didn't take many pictures.But I saw something in Ikea that got my attention:-

Designer lamps???

I don't know about you...but if I saw these lamps in someone's room,I'd immediately assume they're shopaholics.AHAHAHAH!!!!!My first thought when I saw these was "What are shopping bags doing in the Lights Zone???"
These are nice though.I'd like to string those lantern lights (the ones lying in a pile on the floor) around my room.They look so cute.


My second weekend away was to Kampar for the CGMC Youth Leaders' Retreat.A one night stay in Grand Kampar Hotel (its pretty nice..it's new and the facilities are in reasonable good state).My fourth uncle's family came up to Ipoh on the same weekend,unfortunately..and i had to miss the family dinner that night.But I got to eat breakfast with my cousins before i left for Kampar.My cousins missed Ipoh dim sum.So we headed to Ming Court where there was this huge debate going on in my car about the right direction towards the place (I seriously need to get to know my way around Old Town).Scene from the table before the food was attacked:

My favourite LO MAI KAI (steamed glutinuos chicken rice)

Mmmmmm...

And when in Kampar,i had another huge meal.Had Kampar's famous chicken curry bun (a HUGE bun where u split and there's chicken curry in the middle).Didn't manage to take a picture before the meal.But just to give you and idea...


*The chicken curry bun is the thing that looks like a white paper bag with yellow stains.
All the bread torn away and consumed...*haha*


During our free time...a group of them got caught up with this game called "Killer Bunnies",a game which Tim brought back with him from US.I didn't join the game.Just sat at the side and watched them all play.Take it from me..the game is totally CONFUSING if you don't have someone who already knows how to play to guide you.And manuals aren't very useful when there are 7 confused players.Those who were watching (yours truly here) were giggling at the way they whipped out the manual each time a new card came up,and random shouts of "My bunny!!!you cannot kill!!!!!" and "I wanna buy more carrots...open market la!!!!" and "Got flood..all die!!!!".I didn't get an inkling of what was happening but it was funny to watch the expressions.Salutes to whoever created "Killer Bunnies".I'm too lazy to type much...but here's a picture of Abel and Eugene dissecting the stingray they ordered for supper.It was 'cili padi' stingray and Abel went around feeding everyone a spoonful of the hot stuff.... =.="

A fun and relaxing trip.Just what i needed.

--------------------------

Random pictures ahead

I forgot to mention i met up with Pavithra and Adilah the week before exam.It was great to see them after 1 and a half years!!!We were so 'muhibah' in McDonalds that day.People were staring at us because we were the only ones under-40 and not in school uniform.*hahaha*
I love you guys!!!!

Randomness:
My bro gorging on satay.Snapped this the other night.Its seldom we get to indulge in satay because my mum says it has high carbon content.Once in a while doesn't hurt....

:)

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails