Monday 15 September 2008

KISS

If you're eagerly reading this post because you're expecting something 'hot and steamy'..sorry to be so anti-climax. The KISS stands for 'Keeping It Short and Sweet'. Seriously outdated on my posts..so I thought I'd just make a run-through of the happenings during my neglect.

Before I begin...here's a picture of something hot and steamy to compensate for the 'let down'Image Hosted by ImageShack.us :-

French Toast with ice-cream!!!
Courtesy of Chef Cheah Yin Yep who kept his word (after countless advertising of his French Toast skills) and whipped it up straight from the kitchen of Kopitiam JJ. (It was totally yummy and filling...*salutes to the Chef!!!*)

Enough talk about food...lets get down to the more 'serious' matters.
I got my ACCA exam results for the June session. I did badly. Passing mark was 50 and the following were my marks:
Law = 49
Performance Management =56
Taxation= 46

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pretty disappointed with myself because I had expected to pass Tax (heck,it was the only subject which I was sure of my content!!!!) and passing Management is nothing short of a miracle because I was sobbing over the my notes the night before the exam and handed in my exam paper with zero confidence...and to fail Law by ONE mark....total PAIN. Enough ranting..I am going to resit the papers and work HARDER and SMARTER.

Fast forward... My Law lecturer,Mr Suresh fulfilled promise (made months ago) of bringing a group of us to the court to witness the procedures and the environment in the court. 20 of us quickly signed up for the 'trip'.We were supposed to arrange out own transport to the Sessions Court of Ipoh;we carpooled. We were required to wear formal clothing; I dug out the slacks and blouse which I wore during my working stint and exchanged my sneakers for my black heels..done. It was so amusing to see everyone out of our normal college attire (jeans and t-shirts) and togged out like 'working adults'.

We sat in several courts and watched the court at work. TV DRAMAS ARE DECEIVING!!!! Don't be fooled by how exciting court proceedings look on TV. Reality is a far cry from it. All of us got rather bored at a certain point because they were handling mostly small cases like fines for illegal betting and stuff. But there were a few more interesting ones like drug pushing,stealing and (we suspected) illegal immigrants. We could barely hear the lawyers' and judge's voices because they talked only loud enough for themselves to listen. At the end our allocated time for the trip,we spent a short Q&A session with one of the lawyers which was held in one of the empty courts. We took advantage of the court and started a photo session:-


This is what the empty court looks like...

Taking the oath of truth...
Sasi : I swear to try my best not to ffk Joyce for breakfast and JJ.

Hardened criminals in the 'criminal box'.....

Everyone looking 'formal'...


Quing Quing taking break in the background while Sasi sleeping on the shoot...

As usual...I was too lazy to bring camera.....
Thank goodness for friends and Facebook....

Group picture!!!!

---------------------------------

The post exam mood settles in and people start headache-ing over what papers to sign up for the December sitting (yes,this is the life of ACCA students...hectic) Look at the people who were sharing the table with me:-

Left (Stephanie puzzling over homework),
Center (Yin Yep,err..resting)
and Right (Sasi revising intensely)



Yours truly dragged everyone out to the mall for a breather....But I was not aware that JJ had a 'place of worship'... =.="

Spotted this two 'praying' on the benches....
I got a bit carried away with the testers in The Face Shop and tried to get 'creative'..
It did not work....
Found a nice black top in Soda...
Didn't buy it though..hehe...
Just a picture for remembrance....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Ohh...
Another weird picture to share...
I whip out my camera phone at odd moments... =.="

I promise to tel you about The Escapade in Penang at a free-er moment.
But that's all for now people.

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails