Thursday 11 September 2008

Penang

PEOPLE!!!!!!
I have been shamefully neglecting my blog. Haven't had much chance to online properly to update and circumstances did not allow (connection problem and laziness...) I'll skip the bumbling excuses...

----------------------------------

This post should have been up a LOOOOONGG time ago. It has been sitting in my 'Drafts' folder for quite some time.

07/08/2008 - 08/08/2008
I signed up for my college's Accounting and Finance Club (AFC) 's Annual Trip. A two-day-one-night trip to Penang. (Heck,it was too short but better then no trip at all..) I roped in my friends to join too and miraculously, almost all of them put their names down for it;even Bavanee (who's always fretting about "...my mother's/father's/brother's shop!!!") and Preyah (who always excludes herself with "Cannot la...I have to fetch my brothers/mother/cousin!!")

Well,we were supposed to meet in college at 7 a.m. and yours truly acted as the 'alarm clock' and made 'wake-up calls' to the sleepyheads. Everyone was punctual for once (though the bus was not) and we were all settled comfortably in the bus, all hyped up for an awesome,relaxing trip.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pictures in the bus:-

The last picture above was me holding Bavanee's bag...she made me pose with it for some reason.. =.=" We stopped at McD's for breakfast before heading to Prangin Mall (where Bavanee bought that bag i was posing with). I had the breakfast set;which consisted of the Sausage McMuffin and a cup of coffee. All who ordered coffee agreed that it was totally crappy (it tasted like bitter water). I could not take more than a sip of the coffee let alone take advantage of the 'free refill' (is this some marketing scheme???)
Morning faces

Oh yea,believe it or not..I forgot to bring cash with me on the trip despite carefully planning my luggage. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for ATM cards and machines!!!!!I discovered my lack of cash during breakfast. But there wasn't much to buy in Prangin Mall anyway. Despite the lack of shopping thrill in there...we created a thrill of our own (unintentionally). I'll tell you about THE ESCAPADE in my next post.It made Joash,Anna,Mei Theng,Christina and me totally sweaty. A picture in the bus after our escapade which involved a 100metre sprint in Penang Town.


We checked into Tanjung Bungah Beach Hotel at 2p.m. We had to wait a bit for the keys to our room but nobody minded because the sea breeze was blowing right into the lobby and giving everyone a total lift. Pictures in the lobby:-

I used my shades to hide my squinting eyes.(sea breeze too strong)

The hotel was pretty nice.The beach was directly linked to it...

Everyone was excited about the beach and quickly changed and went back down after getting into our rooms (4 people to a room). We were supposed to meet there for games. A group of us were there early and had a photo session on the sand:-

Everyone grinning into the camera...

Girls only line-up...
but look what was happening behind the scenes.....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It had been some time since I went to a beach and the surroundings were hyping me up...and I was not the only one. Beach games...

#1: Balloon game.
Objective: Burst the balloons on the opponent team's legs. The group with the last one standing wins.

Someone captured this picture of Anna and me looking totally EVIL...
Anna: You take the 5 people on the right and I'll take care of the rest.
Joyce: No problem. They won't stand a chance. HOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!!

#2 Pass the orange
Objective : Using ONLY your necks,pass the orange back and forth in the shortest time. Girls vs Guys.



After games,we went for a swim in the sea...."We are the champions!!!!!"
(Doesn't this picture make you feel like braking out into that Queen's song??)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My FAVOURITE picture of the trip!!!!!

Well,we only spent one night there.We went to Gurney Drive for dinner and walked in Gurney Plaza. I ate and ate and ate...and got a new pair of shorts in G Plaza.And there was this 'beach party' after we got back to the hotel.But I won't go into detail because i went to bed early. Too exhausted.

The next morning...Checkout time...pretty reluctant to leave.


Time to leave...

Some random picture of me looking like I was about to kill Joash...

Next,we went to this Home for the Blind (damn..I forgot the name). We had to wait a while for the director to meet us and everyone got a little hot and sticky...but some optimistic people manage to make the most our of the wait and let their 'inner-child' out to play...Literally....

We were there to present a cheque on behalf of Sunway College Ipoh to that place. Our current principal, Mr Gobu had arranged the brief visit there.
It was an eye-opener to see how disabled people learn how to take care of themselves and learn skills to get a job and earn their living.

A blind man learning Braille

Rattan weaving....


We also stopped by at this temple but I didn't get down. Mei Theng was entertaining herself by snapping emo pictures of me....
Apparently that was my "I wanna go to QueensBay " face... =.="

Well,nothing much to tell about my shopping spree at QueensBay. I was thrilled with the clothes I got at bargain prices!!!!(And I did NOT go,"Aaaahhhhh!!!!!S-H-O-P-S!!!!!!!" like Joash said,thank you very much...)

Dinner at Bukit Tambun. It was supposed to be seafood but I joined Mei Theng at the 'allergic' table. The food was okay...A group of the students from China were with us on this trip and they were keener on the TV at the restaurant which was showing the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony more than the food. They were patriotic and all stood up when their National Anthem was played on TV.

After dinner,back to the bus and headed for home. Everyone was tired and it was dark and quiet in the bus. Let me show you an interesting photo I took in the bus:-

The ghosts of Yin Yep and Joyce...
(I accidentally turned off the flash)

-----------------------------------
Well,it was over too soon....
A memorable trip which I have tried my best to tell in one post.
I'll end with a silly picture Joash sneakily took of me...(Lesson:don't leave your camera lying around)

Worshipping ass....
(I was hanging my head down because I was too tired)


*Note to Joash-ASS: I updated la!!!!Nyahhh!!!!!!

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails