Thursday 20 January 2011

FOOD FOOD FOOD in Bangkok Malls!!

Bangkok has absolutely fabulous malls!!!
Although KL does have nice malls, I think the malls in Bangkok can give ours a run for the money. HUGE malls. I adore walking in nice malls; not only to shop (note: student allowance) but to enjoy the beautiful sights in there. It somewhat therapeutic for me to walk past nice displays of nice clothes, bags, etc..

Well, one nice thing about the malls there are the food courts. Food there are reasonably priced and satisfyingly good. I also tried the various snacks around the mall which I don't see in Malaysia. So food picture parade coming on:-

First mall I stepped food into was Central World. I liked the interior and the general atmosphere of the mall. If I had to compare it to a Malaysian mall, I'd say it's kind of like The Gardens but bigger and nicer. LOL. We ate at the food court where I had the best Slushie I ever had:-

Coke Slushie
It's made from actual Coke and that tall glass was only RM2 if I remember correctly. It was a promotion and we liked it so much that we ordered more.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us It really was like nicely frozen Coke. Ben and I got very excited and our heads were swiveling left and right looking at all the food shops in Central World. I swear, everywhere we looked; we saw something that we wanted to try!!! And try we did!!

Spiral Potatoes
It's a whole potato which they cut nicely into one whole long spiral and you eat it from the stick.
They come in flavours and you can choose your flavour upon ordering

Me with our Sour Cream and Onion Potato!!!
It actually just tastes like potato chips. It's the novelty of eating a potato that way which made us buy it. Pretty ingenious way of making money yes?? I mean, I paid RM5 for that!! Can almost buy a can of Pringles!!

Ice Monster
Apparently this will be making its appearance in Malaysia soon. I wasn't much impressed with it because it's just shaved ice with syrup and toppings. I would rather pay for a sundae. But I guess some people would like the toppings.

Green Tea Ice Cream
I chose the flavour and it wasn't as great as I expected.

We also tried the Coffee Beans of Thailand. Not the franchise Coffee Bean but Coffee Beans by Dao. Apparently Thai people would go to Coffee Beans over Coffee Bean any day.
I must say they did have quite a nice variety of drinks and cakes to offer. A nice change from what we're used to at home. That's what I love about travelling, you get to try new stuff!!!

My After Eight Chocolate Drink

Aunty's
Came with caramel instead of sugar to pour into the coffee.

Emily's

Ben's

Jessica's Oreo Cheesecake
The drinks in Coffee Beans were between 90 to 100baht (about RM10) but the cakes were slightly pricey for me, going up to 120baht (about RM12).

Siam Paragon was another nice mall which I was impressed with albeit it being a very very high end mall (think Starhill Gallery but bigger!!) and I didn't get to do any shopping there.

Strawberry Drink from a random cafe:

Ooh ooh ooh...I MUST absolutely show you all what I had from the McDonald's there!!

Pineapple Pie!!

Aaaaaaaannddddd......




PORK BURGER!!!!
It was so yummy!!!!

And they had McCafe there and we had their drinks.

I didn't get to do as much shopping as I thought I would. But I did pick up a lot of t-shirts and trinkets in Platinum; another mall which we went to which is kind of like Sungei Wang. I honestly think that Malaysian blogshop owners and those little stalls that sell t-shirts get their stock from there because I seriously saw a lot of things there which are sold in Malaysia for almost double the price. I also got Giordano jeans from Central World at a steal. Aside from that, I didn't get my shopping high. We did pretty good though. This is all our shopping combined together:-
Can open shop yes??
(90% of this is Jessica's!!!)

I wish we could have all the malls in Bangkok in Malaysia too. Ahhh!!! Envious of the variety they have there!!! I must faster save/earn lots of $$$$ then go places to shop!! ONE DAY!!! Certified shopaholic I am.

Before I end this post, let me show you the picture of the ONLY tom yam and pineapple fried rice I had in Thailand that trip:-
Yes I'm serious. It's kinda hard to find tom yam and pineapple fried rice in Bangkok and those two up there were from the Siam Paragon's food court; an they costed a bomb. Wasn't very nice either. Beef noodles and kuay chap are more commonly found in Bangkok. I guess Haadyai is the place to get the fiery authentic Thai tom yam. I remember that from my previous trips there. Somebody please bring me there!!!

2 squeaked:

Hilda Milda™ said...

Wow there's pineapple pie in Bangkok's McD! In msia, only apple all the time T_T Your post make me wanna go bangkok, so syiok!

JoYce said...

@Hilda Milda
Not to mention PORK BURGER!!! xD The pineapple pie was a bit on the sour side but an interesting change from the usual apple pie. Ooh, make sure u save up to go shopping there then!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails