Monday 11 April 2011

MILF & Stingy Apple iPod Replacement

Look what Louisa and I noticed while reading the newspaper the other day:-


Still don't see anything??


Let me zoom in..
I wonder if the writer giggled while typing out the article title. We were certainly tickled by it.

If you have been reading my updates here, you'll remember me lamenting about my poor iPod Touch which I had to put to send for warranty. Well, I have been haunting the Machines in The Gardens at every opportunity to check on the status of my replacement and they finally called and told me my replacement had arrived. Finally!!!Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went to Pastis for lunch. It's been a while since I visited them. I love their pie with mash (click here to see) and their Virgin Mojitos (here and here!!!)

I simply must show a picture of the Test-tube Virgin Mojitos.
It doesn't taste out-of-this-world but its fun to drink it with friends. Hehe.

I didn't order it this time. I don't like their new location in the shop. I prefer it when they were still in the open area in front of Isetan because now the tables are lining the walkway outside and it feels a bit weird sitting there. But moving on to the food.

Fried Chicken Wings for appetisers
Louisa likes chicken wings, so buffalo wings and chicken wing appetisers are the norm with her around. The salad and chilli sauce that came with them were awesome!! I burnt my fingers while eating them though because they were fresh out of the fryer. =.=

Louisa's Pasta Carbonara with Turkey Sausage...
which tasted okay, only the sausages were definitely not turkey. Looked and tasted like regular chicken sausages with cheese.

I ordered the lunch set Breaded Chicken Chop.
It was a whole chicken breast which was quite succulent. Only thing I didn't like was the presentation. The fries were rather soggy and I feel that crinkle-cut fries should NOT be served in casual dining restaurants. Either serve skinny fries, mash potato or real potato wedges. Crinkle-cut tend to get mashed up or broken easily, making the servings look careless. No-no.

One good thing about Pastis is that their salads never fail to impress me. Their vegetables are always fresh and crisp. Salad lovers can always count on them. We decided to forgo dessert because the food left us so bloated. I went to Machines to collect my replacement iPod, which came wrapped in a piece of cling-plastic and a sheet of paper with Apple's terms and conditions taped around it. And they didn't even give me a plastic bag or any form of box with it.

Seriously, this was all they handed me:-
Errr...I'm sorry, but this is APPLE we're talking about here. So stingy in their replacements that the new iPod can't even come in a proper box?? I mean, it was THEIR product which died on me in like less than 6 months after purchase, and I kind of expected a gesture of goodwill from them to at least give me a whole new iPod box complete with earphones and the such. And they didn't even replace my screen protector. Bravo Apple. Now I know how much you value your customers.

Anyway, Louisa was laughing at my incredulous reaction towards my replacement iPod. I've been trying to convince her to get an iPod but she has been resistant. She put an end to my coaxing by getting herself a new Sony Walkman MP3 Player.

Point proven. LOL!!!Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails