Wednesday 16 January 2008

Waking up from the wrong side of bed?

Have you ever woken up one morning and HATE everything about your life??Everything just seems against you.

The first thing I heard this morning was;not my alarm,but the ANNOYING drilling sounds that were coming from the area behind my house,where a construction of a new house is taking place. Imagine it,the SHRILL zzZZzzzzzZZZ of metal on metal piercing through your head at 8:30 in the morning.
8:30 a.m!!!!

zzzZZZZZZ
zzzzZZZZZZZZ
ZZZzzzzZZZZZZZImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Like some giant,demented bee!!!!!It gave me an instant headache.
"Great,JUST what I need when I've got two boring classes to attend today."
Now,I know that those construction workers were just doing their jobs;but couldn't they time their noisy works for a later part of the day where the sounds won't give people murderous thoughts about the source??

Class wasn't until 11a.m. (I'd plan to sleep in today because I've been feeling extra tired recently but THEN..you know what happened..)but since I was awake,I decided to get ready and go to college early and settle in the library where,hopefully,no drills are present. Hoping to subdue the headache (I was NOT hungover,trust me...) I washed my face and looked for my spectacles..but I couldn't see them. I distinctly remember putting them on my table before bed but my blurred vision made my frameless specs invisible against the dark wood. Squinting,I bent till my nose was almost touching my table,I tried to detect my specs;at the same time groping among the stationery and books there. Nothing. And the squinting didn't help my headache.

Lets skip the details of me breathing in whatever bacteria that was on my table until I actually found my specs. By the time I restored my vision,got dressed and had everything I needed for the day's classes,it was already 10 a.m. That was the longest I've EVER took to get ready. I would have been impressed;if it wasn't for the construction noises STILL echoing from the site right through my brain. Accompanied with loud hammering too. I seriously do not know why the noises were so particularly annoying today since the construction has been going on since last year.

Anyway,I just wanted to escape;so I threw everything into the car and whizzed to college. I didn't even get my customary morning dose of hot caffeine. Which made the classes seem everlasting. Now I'm considering sleeping with ear plugs until the construction is over. But then;I won't be able to hear my alarm. Talk about caught between two devils. The thing is,I don't know which is the lesser of the two evils.

*SIGH*

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails