Tuesday 9 February 2010

Of Mudpies and Doorknobs

Drama of the day : I got locked in my apartment.
Yup, I woke up to the sound of "brrumm bruumm brrumm" coming from the front door. Thinking that someone was knocking, I went out of my room and was greeted with the sight of my roomie, Yean Shan, frantically shaking the doorknob and pulling hard against the closed door.

"Stuck already lah!!!"

Our apartment unit front door is rather temperamental and it sometimes just needs a good bang and it will be fine. But THIS time the metal bar in the knob had somehow embedded itself tightly into it's wedge in the wall when she slammed the door shut earlier; and the heavy wooden door won't budge. All 6 of us in the apartment were sealed inside. I tried prying at the metal bar with rulers, scissors and screwdrivers but it didn't yield. It started a state of mild panic and amusement among my housemates. While I called Abel to help report to the management about this matter, a mini pandemonium ensued:-

"If next time got fire and the door stuck then how ah???"
"We jump out the window??!!"
"Next time we keep big hammer in the house!!"
"No need, we learn to climb wall lah!!!"

But the drama ended quite abruptly when two maintenance guys appeared and one of them climbed in from the balcony and somehow dislodged the doorknob, thus setting us free. Haha!! I was expecting something more drama.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ahh...well, to make up for the shock that day, Louisa brought me to TGIF's.
Nah, just kidding. She was craving for the Mocha Mudpie and dragged me there to 'show me some love'... We were supposed to have dinner but since neither of us were hungry, she decided to treat me. Louisa was in her usual 'high' mood and happily making up crazy Valentine's plans for single people.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Sometimes I really think she shouldn't be allowed to eat sugar..it seems to make her more hyper than she already is.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay..I shall end this post with pictures of our sugar rush that day:-


Mocha Mudpie

Snickers Treat

Guilty indulgence much...Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails