Thursday 14 February 2008

V Day

Text messaging Louisa at 1:30 a.m this morning..

Louisa,"Happy V day"
Me,"Huh?"
Louisa,"Valentines..."
Me,"Oh..its feb 14... -.-""


Today's the day where florists,candy shops,jewelry stores,fine-dining outlets,cinemas and even telco companies rake in huge profits.Oh yes..the day to wallow in that four letter word:-
OK.Before I get stoned to death,I'm NOT anti-Valentine.No no no...not at all.I like the idea of a day to remind us of love for our special person.In fact,Valentine's Day IS for the celebration of romantic love.Go make use of your internet service and find out the history of Valentine's.So there's nothing wrong with celebrating Valentine's Day and making it special.

So,why did I start this post on such a sarcastic note;you must be thinking...
To be honest,I think Valentine's Day has more or less turned into a commercial cash-in day.Now,the commercial selling point is this:-
"Valentine" = girl swooning while guy presents her with a wonderful bouquet/box of chocolates/jewelry/soft toy (NB:gifts)
Its a sweet image;but I can't help wondering:the more money spent,the stronger the love??

I remember one year where there was a newspaper article that showed a guy posing with a bouquet of 10000/20000/30000/50000 roses that he was to present to his 'lucky' girlfriend on V Day (P.S the bouquet=VERY EXPENSIVE).

Initial thought:Wow,he must love her to be willing to spend so much for her.
Afterthought:What the hell is she going to do with a bouquet as big as her living room?

Sue me for being practical minded.I'm not saying that the guy doesn't love his girlfriend.It just seems to me he got caught up with the tide.The stories I like to hear are the ones with originality.If you've watched the movie or read the book,A Walk to Remember,you'll know what I mean.Good things doesn't ALWAYS have to come in big packages right??


Who am I to talk about love??These are my thoughts and this is my blog.
Let me end on a nice note with a Bible verse which speaks real truth about love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

In short :-
Love is selfless...

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails