Wednesday 23 June 2010

WHY should I pay to use your LOW-YA(T) toilet??!!!

Okay, so I guess it's pretty naive of me to think that the days where you were charged 20 cents to use the toilets in the malls were over. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Actually, the days where you get charged 20 cents to use the toilet ARE over. THEY'RE CHARGING MORE!!! I was in SOGO the other day and I had to pay 30 cents to use the lousy toilet that won't even flush, smelled like poo and the best part, they provided only 3 squares of toilet paper. You read right. There was an old lady tearing the toilet rolls into 3 squares and stacking them neatly to hand ONE to each person who pays to go in. EPIC!!!First time I've seen this. But I should thank God there was even toilet paper right??

And no, I am certainly not crazy to be making a fuss over this. I can afford to pay those coins but it's totally déclassée when malls do that, especially if the toilets are TERRIBLE toilets. Come on, after all, I am a customer of there. I spent money, I gave you revenue and yet you can't even let me answer the call of nature for free??Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me = spoiled by Sunway Pyramid; where the toilets are clean and free for use PLUS always nicely stocked with toilet paper. Haha!! Well, I was complaining to my dad about the 30 cents for toilet in SOGO when he presented me with the icing on the cake. He pulled this out of his pocket:-
Dad said: You think 30 cents was a lot?? I paid RM1 to use the toilet in LOW YAT!! Talk about daylight robbery!!! And they called it PREMIUM toilet!!! It was terrible!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us I was giggling away for quite a while.
Anyway, I'll end this post on a good note. Sushi Zanmai opened in Low Yat Plaza and they're having an opening promotion where certain items on the menu are 50% off. We had dinner there and ordered the large Chicken Katsudon for only RM7.90 (N/P: RM15.80). So I guess that made up for the toilets huh. Haha!! Pictures:-

Ocha

Chicken Katsudon

x3

Yummy..

10 squeaked:

Ken Wooi said...

no pics from the "premium" toilet? =P

JoYce said...

LOL..nope.didn't want to risk contaminating my camera plus don't want to make my readers sick. :P

Azizan said...

waa katsudon looks yummy :D

JoYce said...

Hi Azizan. :) go try it someday.

woaini_87 said...

kenwooi... let me describe the premium toilet to you.. 5 cubicles... 4 sitting.. 1 squatting.. big mirror.. and the cleaner rest near the sink when she is tired... but the toilet is clean.. tissue paper is stocked.. What i am describing is from the girl toilet... AND Joyce.. next time ask daddy to go and use the toilet on other floors except for 1st floor.. because that is PREMIUM toilet... and just to let you know, other floor is RM 0.50.. and definitely more dirtier.. hehe....

Shuwen said...

Exactly! They shouldn't even charge for toilets. And btw those pics look awesome I love katsudon :p

JoYce said...

LOL woaini thanks for the detailed description. :P

Hey Shuwen. Thx.katsudon is just so awesome right? :D

Elaine New said...

talk about disgusting toilet then talk about food. haha. how "appetizing"!!!!!!!!! XP

Vince G said...

KLCC's 'premier' toilet cost RM2, but its pretty much well maintained lah..

JoYce said...

@Elaine New
Well, would you rather I put food pics or put disgusting toilets pics for you then?? ;)

@Vin Tsen Gan
I don't mind paying for well-maintained toilets, just cannot stand to pay for DIRTY toilets. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails