Tuesday 14 September 2010

Papa's 1/2 Century Celeb!!!

Did I mention that I'm technically not an Ipoh girl?? I was born in a small town called Tanjung Malim, near the borders of Selangor and Perak. I spent the first 2 and 1/2 years of my life there; so I always think fondly of Tanjung Malim as the place of my babyhood days.

We stopped by Tanjung Malim on the way back to Ipoh to have lunch with Uncle Steven and family AND also to celebrate my Papa's birthday!!! Here's a picture of the crowd of us :-

Uncle Steven and Aunty Irene brought us to this restaurant called garden Seafood which appeared to be a tourist-y place because there were tour buses depositing tourists by the tables. The decor was interesting though because there were antique furniture scattered all around and antique clocks hanging on the wall. The atmosphere was cozy though and the food was quite nice.

Tofu

Sweet and Sour Stir Fried Pork

Sweet and Sour Prawn

Bread

Fried Fish with Crab Sauce

Herbal Chicken
After we had finished with the courses, they brought out Papa's birthday cake. I went to the counter to ask for a lighter to light the matches and they handed me the BIGGEST HUGE-ASS lighter I've ever seen in my life!! See a picture of it!!!:-
It's taller than my glass of tea!!!

And no, my glass isn't small. See it's size in my hands:

Papa's birthday cake
Chocolate Indulgence from Secret Recipe

PapaI guess I don't have to tell how old he's turning??

Pictures with the cake!!!

:)

~~Happy Bithday to you~~~~

Nom nom nom nom nom...

And so thus was my dearest Papa's birthday celebration!!!
Also, thank you Uncle Steven and family for your wonderful hospitality!!!

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails