Wednesday 21 July 2010

Of Chocolates and Hot Sauce

Pui San gave me her preview screening tickets for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which she won from Time Out KL, since she was still in Ipoh and couldn't come back in time for it. With those tickets, I got to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice 2 days before it was officially released in Malaysia. Thanks Pui San!!!

I asked Ben to watch it with me, so he came after his class and brought me out to lunch at Sunway Pyramid. He made me choose the venue, so after some brain-squeezing, we decided on Nando's. We ordered a '1/4 Chicken with 2 Sidelines' each.

Mine was EXTRA HOT Peri Peri Sauce
with Peri Chips and Peri Potato Salad.

Ben isn't as spice tolerant as me so he ordered 'Hot'
but they messed up and gave him 'Mild' instead:-
He was still feeling the heat after eating it though. =P
His sides helped numb the burn a little though...
Cous-cous and Peri Chips


Later in the evening, we headed towards Tropicana City Mall where the screening was. We were quite late because of traffic jam and ended up getting rather front seats. But thankfully the seats there were comfortable and it wasn't too bad.
Thank you Time Out KL and Pui San!!!

The Sorcerer's Apprentice
At first I had thought that Nicholas Cage was the main character, but it turned out to be Jay Baruchel who recently starred in 'She's Out of My League'.
Hmm...I rather wished that they had casted someone else for the role because I felt like I was watching 'She's Out of My League' again; only with magic and a different girl minus the crazy ex and family. Not a fan of the dorky, awkward stuttering underdog character which Jay Baruchel potrays on screen. I was very thrilled whenever there were action scenes with Nicholas Cage appeared. The Sorcerer's Apprentice has some very cool action scenes especially a particular car-chase scene where the sorcerers can literally turn their vehicles into any car they wanted. Liked that.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us And a very cool electric-song scene which got Ben hooked onto 'Secrets' by One Republic.

Another thing which I have to thank Time Out for is their coupon which allows their readers to redeem a free drink from Theobroma Chocolate Lounge.
Since the Sunway Pyramid branch has finally opened, Ben and I went to redeem one free Ms Coco Frappe each the other morning. Weeee!!! Been a loooong time since I was in Chocolate.

Our Ms Coco Frappes

We were quite baffled with the serving portions in Sunway Pyramid's Theobroma Chocolate Lounge though. The cups which the drinks came in were so much smaller than the Bangsar Village outlet's (click here to see my visit there). We couldn't decide if it was because Chocolate has changed their serving sizes or it only applies to the coupons redemption. Hmmm..

Anyway, since we were already there; Ben also ordered their breakfast set @ RM3.99 to share.

Coffee

Pancakes with Banana
Was not great. I didn't really like the pancakes and the coffee was just alright. I think I'll stick to the drinks and fondue in Theobroma Chocolate Lounge in future. *Lifts pom-poms for Ms Coco Frappe!!* Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 squeaked:

Related Posts with Thumbnails